This Issue is Sponsored by
SKB massage clinic, proud sponsors of BusyHive.
For a holistic approach to injury repair or help in achieving your goals or simply relax. Sinead is a qualified massage therapist and medical acupuncturist. We ask so much from our bodies every day, why put up with aches and pains? Book an appointment and give your body the hours holiday it deserves.
If you have decided you want to join the massage therapy business. There are a few things that need to be considered before you take the first step on this new path and this blog will help guide you though a few things to think about and make sure it is the right path for you.
It was the best decision I ever made and it really changed my life around for the better, but there were many I met along the way that hadn’t thought it through fully and unfortunately spent a lot of money on a course they will never use.
Here are my top tips for making the right decision….
- Bee emotionally ready. Many believe the act of massage is purely one of physical touch – don’t get me wrong here, without physically touching someone you don’t have a massage – but it is also an emotional one. You have to be prepared to meet you client where they are emotionally too. This means you have to be understanding, patient and empathetic. But also having boundaries. It can be a tough balance!
- Talk to massage therapists. When you have a massage talk to them, ask why they started their profession, ask pros and cons of their business. Get a real first hand insight to how it all works. Don’t just stick to one therapist – try social media blogs (like this one ☺ ) or other information you would find on BusyHive to help guide your discussion.
- Get massages! – This is by far my favourite piece of advice for everyone! Lets face it massage is always a great idea at any time! Try different styles of massage – there are so many out there so experience them! – find which style you want to offer, which interests you most. Holistic, hot stones, reflexology, Thai, remedial and sports??
- Back to school. Do lots of research on a good school, ask around for recommendations – knowing the kind of massage you want to give will help decide which school you will attend. BusyHive will be able help find the right school for you. Also it will be expensive – but remember you are investing in yourself and your new future. You often get what you pay for!
- Bee prepared to study! Many people are under the impression massage school is all about rubbing each other! – yes there is big element of that but also there is plenty of anatomy, physiology and pathology to learn. Good schools will bring you to at least a level 3 but aim high – the higher your level of AP&P the better you can treat. Knowledge has no limits.
- Go for it!! Sign up and join the massage family. Remember to subscribe to BusyHive so we can help guide you through your studies and helping to set up your business or get that job you want and on into the rest of your journey. We are here for you. So get in touch you don’t have to do it all alone!
So hopefully this has helped make your decision easier. Good luck!
Like and share this page by email or link to it on social media to help others on their path.